Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Michael Redd Upset Bucks not in Playoff Hunt

Michael Redd, recently in the news because of his assessment that he should have been chosen as an NBA All-Star, also believes that the Bucks should be in the playoff hunt. Michael is hoping that with pressure from himself, his teammates, and people from Milwaukee, the NBA will take notice that a team such as the Bucks should not be passed over when it comes to playing in the playoffs at the end of the season. “I worked hard over this past summer, as did many of my teammates, and I just think that sometimes a person’s hard work needs to be recognized by others. And that’s why I should be an All-Star, and the Bucks should be in the playoffs.”

When asked about playoff teams being determined by such factors as won-loss record, Redd scoffed, “Well, that doesn’t say anything about how good a team really is, or how good its players are. We really work hard. Sure, my numbers may not be as good as Glenn Robinson’s or Ray Allen’s when they were All-Stars, but they weren’t working in the off-season like I have been. And, yes, I know that since the Big Three have left, I have led the team almost nowhere, but the fact remains that I work very hard and would like to be rewarded by more than just a string of mediocre .500 records when my career is said and done. And that’s why we should make the playoffs this year. I think we’re being snubbed because we’re in a small market”

The Bucks organization is not backing Redd fully with respect to his comments about the playoffs, and a press release from the team indicates that they will still adhere to trying to actually play well and win games in order to make the playoffs. “While it is unfortunate we’ve had numerous injuries this season, we do not believe that the league will bolster our record or give us any free playoff berths based solely on effort,” said General Manager Larry Harris. Although Redd does not have the support of his team in his campaign to promote average performance as something that should be recognized as extraordinary, Real Wisconsin News hopes that Michael Redd never gives up on that dream.

No comments: